KIEV, Feb. 2 - Ukraine may cut off power supplies to Donetsk, a stronghold of the pro-Russian separatists, in reaction to a recent military offensive by the rebels, a regional governor said Monday.
Oleksandr Kikhtenko, the governor of the Donetsk region, an area most of which is controlled by the government, said the raging fighting does not allow repairing power lines and generating facilities.
The separatists, with the help of heavy Russian-made weapons, last week stepped up the offensive seeking to seize Debaltseve, a key railroad facility in the region.
|